Your ultimate guide for Los Angeles to Manila travel
Are you daydreaming of a change from Los Angeles to Manila? Look no further — our guide has your back for your epic journey! Find flights to Manila, snag accommodation tips, and dive into the local scene, events, and mouthwatering delights. Whether you’re a pro or a newbie, this guide ensures a smooth and exciting trip to Manila from Los Angeles. So, are you ready to travel to Manila and make unforgettable memories?
What you need to know about Manila
Before traveling to Manila, it’s crucial to grasp the local customs. In this vibrant city, greetings are warm, often accompanied by a friendly smile and a slight nod. Showing respect by addressing locals with “po” and “opo” goes a long way. Filipinos value close family ties, so don’t be surprised if conversations delve into personal matters.
As you travel to Manila, prepare your taste buds for a culinary adventure. From savory adobo to sweet halo-halo, the city’s diverse food scene mirrors its rich cultural tapestry. Embrace the lively atmosphere of Manila’s festivals, where locals showcase their talents in dance and music, giving you a glimpse into their vibrant traditions. So, when you travel to Manila, immerse yourself in its welcoming culture, relish the flavors, and savor the unique experiences that await you.
Unlocking the best Los Angeles to Manila flight deals
When searching for cheaper flights to Manila from Los Angeles, consider factors like travel dates, airlines, and flight type. Booking in advance often leads to better deals. Opt for flexible travel dates, as mid-week flights can be more budget-friendly. Explore various airlines, and don’t forget to compare prices for direct flights and those with layovers. Balancing convenience and cost is key when booking flights to Manila.
For additional savings on your journey from Los Angeles to Manila, consider using a travel agent like ASAP Tickets. They specialize in securing below-market rates for airfare, ensuring you get the most value for your money. Their expertise can navigate the complexities of flight options, finding you the best deals for a budget-friendly and enjoyable trip to Manila. So, when planning your adventure, be savvy, consider your options, and make the most of your travel budget on flights to Manila.
Best Los Angeles to Manila itineraries
There are several itineraries available for trips from Los Angeles to Manila. The best option will depend on when you travel and your preferences. Some of the options you can choose from include a direct flight with Philippine Airlines from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL). If you prefer a layover, consider a route with Japan Airlines via Haneda Airport (HND) or Korean Air through Incheon International Airport (ICN). These options offer a mix of convenience and varying travel times.
To find the perfect itinerary that’s right for you, contact a travel agent at ASAP Tickets. Our agents will select the best options for you and will explain details about each one. The prices that our agents can offer are lower than what you can find online – we work directly with airlines to offer the cheapest flight prices for you. So, whether you prioritize direct flights or don’t mind a layover, exploring these itineraries with a travel agent ensures you get the most suitable and cost-effective option for your journey to Manila from Los Angeles.
Transportation to Manila from the airport
Once you arrive in Manila, you’ll need to make it to the city and, ultimately, your hotel or apartment. From Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL), you have various transportation options to choose from. Jump into a taxi for a convenient and quick ride to your destination. For a more budget-friendly option, consider the airport shuttle services available, providing shared rides to different parts of the city.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a bit more independence, app-based ridesharing services like Grab are readily available at the airport. If you prefer public transportation, hop on the airport bus that connects major points in Manila. Remember, when you travel to Manila, exploring these transportation options ensures a seamless journey from the airport to your final destination.
Where to stay in Manila
There are many accommodation options in Manila. You’ll need to choose where to stay based on availability and your budget for your trip to Manila.
Some accommodations you could consider in Manila include:
- Red Planet Manila Makati: A budget-friendly hotel in the heart of Makati, offering clean and comfortable rooms for a pleasant stay.
- Go Hotels Otis-Manila: Situated near popular attractions, this hotel provides affordable and modern rooms, perfect for travelers on a budget.
- Hop Inn Hotel Ermita Manila: Known for its excellent value for money, this hotel in Ermita provides a comfortable stay without breaking the bank.
- RedDoorz Premium near Greenbelt Makati: Located in Makati, this accommodation offers affordable rooms with easy access to shopping and dining options.
- Golden Phoenix Hotel: A mid-range hotel in Pasay, providing comfortable rooms and a convenient location for travelers looking to explore Manila.
- Hotel 99 Quiapo Manila: An economical choice in Quiapo, offering budget-friendly rooms with essential amenities for a practical stay.
When planning your trip to Manila, consider these options for a comfortable and budget-friendly stay in the vibrant capital of the Philippines.
Top sights and attractions in Manila
There’s a lot to explore in Manila. Most tourists on a trip to Manila will visit its iconic landmarks and vibrant attractions. The travel experts at ASAP Tickets have selected the following must-see spots in Manila:
- Intramuros: Step back in time as you visit the historic walled city, Intramuros. Explore colonial-era architecture, churches, and forts that narrate Manila’s rich past.
- Rizal Park (Luneta): A favorite among locals and visitors alike, Rizal Park is a spacious green oasis honoring the Philippine national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal. Enjoy a leisurely stroll or a relaxing picnic.
- Manila Ocean Park: Dive into marine wonders at Manila Ocean Park, where you can marvel at colorful underwater life, catch entertaining shows, and even try interactive exhibits.
- Mall of Asia: For shopping, dining, and entertainment, visit the Mall of Asia, one of the largest shopping complexes in Asia, offering a vast array of shops, restaurants, and activities.
- National Museum of the Philippines: Immerse yourself in Filipino art, culture, and history at the National Museum. Admire remarkable artifacts, art collections, and exhibits showcasing the country’s heritage.
When you visit Manila, make sure to explore these top attractions for a well-rounded and memorable experience in the bustling capital.
Words to know in Manila
When you travel to Manila, it’s handy to know some local words for a richer experience:
- Salamat: Express gratitude by saying “Salamat” when someone helps you or offers kindness during your trip.
- Kamusta: Greet locals with “Kamusta,” a friendly way to say hello and engage in casual conversations.
- Kain: When exploring Manila’s diverse cuisine, remember “Kain” for an invitation to join someone for a meal.
- Jeepney: Hop on a colorful “Jeepney,” an iconic Philippine mode of transportation, for an authentic local experience.
- Bilog: Craving a snack? Look for “Bilog,” a popular round pastry often filled with sweet or savory delights.
- Barato: Bargain like a pro by using “Barato” when shopping in local markets for souvenirs or unique finds.
- Lakbay: Plan your “Lakbay” or journey through Manila’s neighborhoods, discovering hidden gems along the way.
- Pwede: When seeking permission or asking if something is allowed, use “Pwede” to clarify with locals.
- Ganda: Appreciate the beauty of Manila by describing it as “Ganda,” which means beautiful in the local language.
- Sundo: Arrange for a convenient “Sundo” or pick-up service if you’re exploring late into the night and need a ride back.
What to remember before traveling to Manila
The currency used in Manila is the Philippine Peso. Before you travel to Manila from Los Angeles, consider exchanging currency at local banks or currency exchange services in A. You can also withdraw local currency from ATMs in B, ensuring you have cash for small expenses. Notify your bank about your travel dates to prevent any issues with card transactions. While credit cards are widely accepted in Manila, it’s advisable to carry some cash for places that may not have card facilities.
Whenever you travel to Manila, it’s crucial to follow basic safety precautions. Respect local customs and be aware of your surroundings. Stay informed about the current situation and adhere to any travel advisories. Keep your belongings secure, avoid displaying expensive items, and use reputable transportation options. Engage with locals respectfully, and if you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to seek guidance from local authorities or your accommodation.
Consider the advantages of getting travel insurance when traveling to the Philippines. Travel insurance provides coverage for unexpected events such as medical emergencies, trip cancellations, or lost belongings. It ensures you have assistance and financial protection in case of unforeseen circumstances. Before you travel to Manila, explore travel insurance options that suit your needs, offering peace of mind throughout your journey.
Fun facts about Manila
If you’re eager to travel to Manila, here are some cool facts about the vibrant city to pique your interest:
- Jeepney Jams: Manila boasts a unique mode of transportation called Jeepneys, originally repurposed from surplus military jeeps.
- World’s Oldest Chinatown: Binondo, Manila’s Chinatown, is the oldest in the world, offering rich history and delectable Chinese-Filipino cuisine.
- Intramuros’ Haunting Past: Intramuros, the historic walled city, is home to Fort Santiago, where national hero Dr. Jose Rizal was imprisoned.
- Largest Mall in Asia: The Mall of Asia is not just a shopping haven; it’s one of the largest malls in Asia, hosting various events and attractions.
- San Agustin Church: Manila’s San Agustin Church, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is the oldest stone church in the Philippines, dating back to 1589.
- Balut Delight: Brave foodies can try Balut, a Filipino delicacy, right on the streets of Manila—boiled duck embryo is a local favorite.
- Thriving Street Art Scene: Manila is a canvas of vibrant street art, with neighborhoods like Bonifacio Global City showcasing local and international talent.
Travel to Manila promises not only historical treasures but also a fusion of cultures and experiences that make the city truly unique.
For citizens of the United States planning to book flights to the Philippines, a visa is not required for stays up to 30 days. However, travelers must ensure their passports are valid for at least six months beyond their intended departure date. Beyond 30 days, an extension or proper visa must be obtained. Always check for any changes in entry requirements before planning your journey to ensure a hassle-free travel experience.
Get ready for your trip to Manila
In conclusion, planning your trip from Los Angeles to Manila is a thrilling adventure waiting to unfold. From securing the best flights to uncovering top itineraries, finding ideal accommodations, and exploring the vibrant sights of Manila, you’re all set for an unforgettable journey. Remember, for the smoothest travel experience, consider reaching out to an ASAP Tickets travel agent at 844-300-7983. They can guide you through the process, ensuring you snag the most affordable and convenient flights to Manila. Bon voyage on your exciting travels to the captivating city of Manila!
Get it right to your inbox by subscribing to ASAP Tickets weekly emails featuring the hottest flight deals from US to the .
Massive savings • Unsubscribe at any time.
You were sucessfully subscribed
Please check your inbox to confirm the subscription